Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Making Singles Drinking Doubles

My local used records store, Love Garden, is very country, bluegrass, roots, etc. friendly (I suppose a mandolin playing owner doesn't hurt) and just about every time I go in I find some treasure waiting in the bins to be bought by me.

Not too long ago, I was fortunate enough to find Making Singles Drinking Doubles, the 2002 Bloodshot Records compilation commemorating their 100th release. The disc includes the usual suspects at Bloodshot, the Waco Brothers, The Meat Purveyors, Rex Hobart, and Moonshine Willy, but also includes two tracks featuring a pre-national fame Jack White backing soul legend Andre Williams.

Listen:
Andre Williams & 2 Star Tabernacle - Lily White Mama & Jet Black Daddy.mp3

Buy:
From Bloodshot
From Amazon

No comments: