Friday, April 28, 2006

Grayson Capps - If You Knew My Mind

I have to admit that I don't really know much about Grayson Capps. He played in KC last week, but I couldn't go. I think I first heard about him from Roots Rock Radio or from one of the americanaroots podcasts.

I had noticed this album at Love Garden, and then when I heard about him a couple of times on podcasts, I bought it. It was in the alt.country section, but I would say it is more of a blues type album. If you like recent Rodney Crowell or Buddy Miller, then this is probably up your alley. The backing is a bit more blues-rock informed, almost in the vein of the Black Crowes, but the songwriting is much more predominant, since he is, at the core, a singer-songwriter rather than the frontman of a band.

Listen:
Grayson Capps - Graveyard.mp3

Buy:
From Hyena Records
From Amazon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this guy. I saw him up here in Brooklyn last year and have been waiting patiently for his return. If you get the chance to see him live, definitely do so. He tears it up old school style.