Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Rex Hobart - Your Favorite Fool

Rex Hobart and the Misery Boys are probably the premier honky-tonk country band in the greater KC area. This is their third record, which was produced by Pete Anderson, longtime Dwight Yoakam sideman. I bought it the first time I ever saw them play; it was the newest album at the time.

I particularly like track six, "I Don't Feel It Anymore," and the duet with Kelly Hogan of the Jones/Wynette classic "Golden Ring."

Rex just recently moved back into town after living away for a few years. (I guess sometimes "real life" gets in the way of a great music scene.) They've been doing regular shows at the Record Bar in Westport. "Rex Hobart's Chuck Wagon Dinner Show" is every Tuesday night at 7.

Listen:
Rex Hobart and the Misery Boys - I Don't Feel It Anymore.mp3

Buy:
From Bloodshot
From Amazon

No comments: